Private Hire

The hall will be closed to the public for the duration of your booking, and the café would be available for your exclusive use. We can provide catering by arrangement, or you can enjoy our regular café menu. In most cases there will be a member of staff on site during your booking.

Cost of private hire:

£18 per hour
£12 per hour for charities or local sports clubs.

Book Now


  • 8 x 5m hall space
  • Male, female, and disabled toilets
  • Option to have the café open for catering. (We do not allow access to the kitchen as part of the hire)

Hall Availability:

Catering options:

  • We can arrange catering to meet most needs. If you wish to arrange catering through us we will be in contact to discuss once we receive your booking request. Price can be discussed following this.
  • If you are providing your own food and drinks we charge £2.5 per person in addition to the hire cost.


The hall size is approximately 8m x 5m.

There's capacity for approximately 30 people seated, or 10 people for exercise.

You are booking to use the hall only. The kitchen and serving area are not available for your use.

There are male, female, and disabled toilets. There are tables and chairs available for use (you will need to set up and clear up these yourself).

Yes, we are open every day so feel free to come and view the hall.

No, there will always be a member of Woodside Pavilion on site during your booking.

We ask that you book and pay for all the time you will be in occupation; this will include any time necessary for setting-up and clearing down.

The hall must be left in the same condition you found it. Any furniture used should be cleaned. Any rubbish should be removed from the site.

We do not hire the Hall to anyone aged less than 18 years of age. Anyone who may still owe money to the Hall for any reason will not be able to book until outstanding debts are paid. There may be some activities or events for which we would choose not to hire out the Hall; please ask if you need to.

If alcohol is provided at the event completely free of charge, no licence is required. If you intend to provide alcohol at an event for which money changes hands at any point, you will need a licence. You can apply for a Temporary Event Notice (TEN) if required. However, you must seek the approval from us on booking for all events where alcohol will be provided.

Woodside pavilion has no licences for use during your hire. If you event involves any of the following you will need your own licence to cover this.

Licensable activities include:

  • selling alcohol
  • serving hot food and drinks between 11pm and 5am
  • You’ll also need a licence if your event involves any of the following:
  • theatrical performance
  • showing a film
  • indoor sporting event
  • boxing or wrestling (indoor or outdoor)
  • live music
  • recorded music
  • dance
  • facilities for making music
  • dancing facilities

You still need a licence even if the activities are for charity.

You can apply for a Temporary Event Notice (TEN) if you want to carry out a ‘licensable activity’ on unlicensed premises. However, you must seek the approval from us on booking for all events where a TEN will be required.